1. Each band must consist of 3 to 8 players and may include a vocalist or vocal group.
2. Each band member must be attending a college or university as either a full-time or part-time music student.
3. Each band will play one compulsory tune, which will be common to all participating bands. Email Alan Matheson @ firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the music for this tune.
4. Each band will also play a second tune, which they can choose, providing it is a traditional jazz composition, or email Alan Matheson @ email@example.com for consultation.
5. Each band must send a high quality audition recording or video of the traditional jazz composition of "After You've Gone" to Alan Matheson @ firstname.lastname@example.org. The top five bands selected from these auditions will be notified and must be ready to proceed to the Workshop.
All of the five selected bands will present themselves to Vancouver Community College on Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 9:00 am. They will be greeted by the White Rock Traditional Jazz Society's Faculty, who will refine their presentations, teach them more about the history of trad jazz and make sure everyone has a fun time.